Event Theme - Poverty Alleviation: How can Innovation solve economic inequality?
When & Where
Location: More London, Canteen, Third Floor
Time & date: Wednesday 18 September 2019, 17:00 - 20:00
About the event
This event has been organised by PwC One Young World in collaboration with the PwC Entrepreneurs Network and the Social Entrepreneurs Club.
- Bayo Adelaja - Bayo's main focus areas are supporting black women living in poverty in African countries and the UK, and in helping entrepreneurs to use technology to solve inequalities.
- Edmilson Angelo - The Founder and Director of Change 1's Life, a UK-Registered charity that aims to assist people in need across Sub-Saharan Africa who are victims of poverty.
- Wai Foong Ng - Foong was previous a Director at PwC and has since Founded Matchable, a platform matching companies and their employees with innovative, high-impact, skilled volunteering projects at non-profits and startups.
- Mariana Kamara - The Founder and Director of Smiling Through Light which focusses on clean energy access in Sierra Leone.
- Sheetal Vyas - Sheetal is the lead Director of PwC's Disruption and Innovation practice which focuses on how emerging technologies and global megatrends collide to disrupt both business and society.
- Ben Nottingham - A creative entrepreneur, business designer and experienced advisor with a passion for designing businesses and systems that combine profit with purpose.