At RB we are driven by our purpose – to make a difference by providing innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes. Investing in social impact is core to our business and a part of our purpose. Click here to find out more about RB and our social impact strategy.
We are therefore delighted to deepen our long standing partnership with One Young World with the launch of the first RB – One Young World Scholarship.
RB will offer 10 scholarships for young leaders who are at the forefront of organisations and movements that focus on:
- Sexual health and rights – particularly in the area of reducing unwanted pregnancy and preventing new HIV / AIDs infections.
- Malnutrition and stunting – particularly in the area of the prevention of stunting in the first 1000 days
Water and Sanitation
- Focussing on the reduction of preventable diseases such as diarrhoea or
- Providing innovative solutions to the issue of access to improved sanitation
- Aged 18 - 30* at the time of the One Young World Summit
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
RB – One Young World Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from The London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Invitation to RB specific events during the summit, including RB workshop on 26 October (after close of official close of Summit)
- If you are selected, you will be invited participate in pre-program calls /Skype meetings. More information will be given to you in due time.
Who should apply?
RB seeks candidates who have expert knowledge or entrepreneurial skills for making a positive impact in the areas referenced above. You may also be (but not essential) residing in one of the following countries;
China / India / Indonesia / Nigeria / Pakistan / South Africa / UK/ USA