About the Challenge
The Social Business Challenge Munich is the first innovation competition for sustainable / social projects in Bavaria to encompass corporate citizens, innovators, private and public initiatives, in a joint effort to address our current sustainability challenges under the umbrella of One Young World - hosted in the city of Munich.
The challenge gives innovators, who are developing solutions for a sustainable future tackling the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 9, 11 or 12, the chance to present their idea to a global audience. The preselected applicants present in front of a top-class jury including representatives of the City of Munich, One Young World, Yunus Social Business, BonVenture, FASE and One Young World Ambassadors.
Challenge Winners Will Receive
- An opportunity to to showcase their solution on stage in Munich during One Young World Summit 2021.
- A virtual delegate place to particpate in the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community of 12,000+ young leaders from more than 190 countries.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Your company is a social startup based and operating in Bavaria.
- You have developed a solution to address social or environmental challenges.
- You support one or more of the following SDG’s with your company.
- SDG 9: build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- SDG 11: make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- SDG 12: ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Scalability is desirable.
- A strong team is key.
- At least one of your founding members has to be under 35 years.
- Your company has reached at least the 1st stage and can present a MVP.