One Young World is the preeminent global forum for young leaders, supporting a network of 6,000 young people to affect change in all 196 countries.
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and One Young World have joined forces to find and empower Thailand’s most impactful young leaders, giving them the skills they need to become successful social entrepreneurs.
Social enterprise is booming in Thailand with over 120,000 social entrepreneurs running businesses valued at $27 billion USD. The country is recognised as one of the most sophisticated social entrepreneurship ecosystems in East Asia.
Click the link below for your chance to win a free place at the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok, mentorship from social entrepreneurs and seed funding for a brand new social venture.
Applications open on Friday 17 July and close on Sunday 13 September.
The 3-day camp begins on Thursday 24 September and finishes on Saturday 26 September.
This competitive programme brings together 100 young leaders from across Thailand to attend a unique training camp. Successful participants have the opportunity to:
- Receive intensive coaching and mentorship from established social entrepreneurs including experts and leaders at a national level.
- Win a free place to attend the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok.
- Win seed funding for their social venture.
This is the perfect opportunity to launch a brand new social venture with a group of dedicated change makers.
Social entrepreneurship and sustainable business have been at the core of each One Young World Summit. Over 400 social businesses have been founded by members of our global Ambassador community.
The father of social enterprise, Professor Muhammad Yunus, has appeared at the past three One Young World Summits. We have also been providing financial support to Ambassador led social enterprises since 2012 through the Social Business Accelerator and partnership with the Rwanga Foundation.
During the camp, participants are split into twenty teams. Every participant will receive:
- Sponsorship from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to attend the camp.
- An intensive series of workshops, challenges and lectures.
- Support from expert mentors to create an impactful social venture.
- A free place at the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok.
At the end of the three-day camp each team will pitch their proposal to expert judges. The judges select four teams who will receive the grand prize:
- The opportunity to present their venture on stage at the One Young World Summit 2015 in a special session led by Professor Muhammad Yunus.
- Seed funding for their new venture.
The One Young World Community
The BMA will sponsor all 100 participants in the camp to attend the One Young World Summit 2015. During the Summit these social entrepreneurs will interact with world leaders as well as young leaders from every country, sector and industry.
The One Young World Summit brings together 1,300 young leaders from all 196 nations. No youth-led event apart from the Olympic Games hosts as many nationalities. 400 social ventures have been launched by One Young World’s network of change makers.
After the Summit each delegate will join the One Young World Ambassador community through which they can stay connected and collaborate further.