One Young World is proud to announce Unicorn factory is offering scholarships to inspiring leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia.
What is Unicorn Factory?
Unicorn Factory is a community dedicated to ambitious young individuals seeking upward mobility in their professional development or entrepreneurial endeavours - by plugging them into a community of like-minded peers and mentors to foster exchange of knowledge, social and financial capital through networking events.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on the 3rd-7th of October (inclusive).
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá - case by case basis.
Mentorship from Unicorn Factory mentors for 12 months, either in the form of:
- Entrepreneurship mentoring or
- Career mentoring, depending on the candidates choice. If the candidate chooses entrepreneurship mentoring, they will guide the candidate on his/her business model and execution strategy, and assist the candidate in raising funds of up to US$250,000 for his/her business venture.
Who can apply?
- Candidates must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of 2017 Summit
- The sponsorship is available to any resident of Singapore (that covers Singapore citizens, permanent residents, and any foreign nationals residing or working in Singapore).
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A strong determination to drive change, either by means of an entrepreneurial venture, or by means of an innovative project or initiative within a company or institution.
- A strong passion to contribute towards the alleviation of a socio-economic problem or towards any social or economic cause, beyond seeking material enrichment for his/her immediate family and friends.
- Evidence of overcoming personal failure or adversity will be awarded special consideration, including but not limited to business failure, financial hardship, abuse/ violence, legal problems, serious illness or disability, discrimination, etc. For the purposes of this award, we will not take into consideration academic failure or relationship problems with romantic partners and/or immediate family unless any of the above examples of ‘adversity’ are also present.
Deadline: 1 September, 2017