The Watson Institute are calling all next-generation innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs ready to pioneer their education.
About the Watson Institute
Watson Institute is built on the belief that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact.
Watson Institute is a reimagined model of education for next-generation innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs. We have locations in Boulder, Colorado and Boca Raton, Florida.
The Watson Incubator in Boulder, Colorado was launched in 2013 with the mission to revolutionize higher education by providing young innovators and leaders the entrepreneurial platform to unleash their potential and impact the world.
In August 2018, Watson Institute and Lynn University launched a collaborative program at Lynn’s campus in Boca Raton, Florida, where students can earn a one-of-a-kind Bachelor of Science in Social Entrepreneurship from Lynn University.
The 167 Watson alumni from 52 countries have raised $77.2 million for the initiatives they help lead, created 572 part or full time jobs, and impacted over 150,000 people through their work. Watson alumni have been selected to the Echoing Green Fellowship and Forbes’ 30 under 30 list, and continued their education at Harvard University, New York University, and Princeton University, among others.
The Watson Incubator
Watson Incubator is a 4-month program preparing next-generation innovators and social entrepreneurs to launch social ventures and unleash a lifetime of impact.
College students and recent graduates with an early-stage social venture or project complete their Watson experience as a study away/abroad from a home university, gap semester before attending university, or as a 'pre-career' semester after their undergraduate degree.
During the 4-month intensive program, participants will embark on a journey that includes:
- A step-by-step methodology to rapidly and systematically validate your business model.
- Training in the process of building and strengthening an effective team that can pioneer new innovations and markets
- Testing your cost assumptions, developing a fundraising plan, creating an investors deck, and measuring impact metrics specifically to garner funder support.
- Framing solutions so they expose injustice and speak truth to power, incorporate positive psychology, and create better models and systems.
- Learning and applying entrepreneurial skills and mindset alongside a global community of like-minded and diverse peers.
- Connect with a powerful network of mentors and social entrepreneurs such as Jerry White, a leader of the Nobel Prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines; Tom Chi who helped invent Google Glass and the self-driving car; and Erin Schrode, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress.
Learn more here.
The Watson Institute offers an OYW Maverick Scholarship which provides an automatic $5,000 scholarship to the Watson Incubator and $10,000/year scholarship to the Bachelor's Degree for any OYW member who is accepted to Watson Institute. The Maverick Scholarship is in addition to the merit and need-based financial aid provided by Watson Institute.
Applicants from One Young World simply need to choose 'One Young World' from the drop-down list on the application when applying.
Deadline - 1 October 2019
For more information, please email [email protected].