About One Young World
One Young World is the global community for young leaders. We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges.
It all begins with the One Young World Summit, an annual gathering of 2,000+ of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, and many others to harness the knowledge and skills needed for being impactful change makers.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops. It is a chance for the individuals responsible for shaping the future of our world, to come together to confront the biggest challenges facing humanity. The Summit is the ultimate place to be inspired, share learnings, and connect.
The Summit is not just a life-changing four-day experience, it is just the start of every attendee’s journey with us. Every leader who attends leaves the Summit as a One Young World Ambassador and a valued member of our global community. This is a lifelong membership to one of the most incredible networks in the world.
Our global Community is a community like no other. When we say global, that’s exactly what we mean. Our Community comprises young leaders, corporate partners and supporters from every single country, spanning every industry. We are activists, humanitarians, world-leaders, business-leaders, thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians and innovators.
About the Leading Manchester Scholarship
This year’s One Young World Summit takes place in Manchester, UK from 5 – 8 September. Known throughout the world as the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Manchester has a proud history in science, politics, music, arts and sport.
Today the city combines this heritage with a progressive vision to be a city that delivers impact, innovation and inclusion in equal measures. The Leading Manchester Scholarship has been launched to celebrate young people who are working to achieve this vision.
This scholarship is looking for young leaders who can demonstrate a commitment to building a positive impact on their communities. The Leading Manchester Scholarship proactively welcomes diversity. This means we are looking for people who are doing the best they can within their individual circumstances, to improve the lives of others, no matter their field of interest or expertise.
The Scholarship will enable 30 young people who are living and making an impact in Greater Manchester to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
What will scholars receive?
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place in Manchester, United Kingdom from 5 – 8 September.
- Hotel accommodation close to the Summit venue from 5 – 8 September*.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
*Hotel Accommodation is offered on an optional basis should scholars require it.
Who should apply?
You should apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are aged 18 - 35.
- Live in Greater Manchester.
- Are keen to learn and expand your network at the One Young World Summit 2022.
- Have a track record of creating positive social or environmental impact in Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from candidates working on a wide range of issues. You could be championing youth mental health or creating job opportunities through entrepreneurship. Perhaps you are supporting people who are homeless or standing up for LGBTQIA+ rights? Maybe you're tackling food waste or inspiring young people through the arts? You could be creating awareness around a wide set of issues, from climate justice to racial justice. Overall, if you are making a difference in Manchester, this opportunity is for you.
Congratulations to the selected Leading Manchester Scholars!
Hlupekile Shupi Zalira
Jo Yee Cheung
Muhammad Abz Abby
Mohammed Saleem Islam
Lee Jing Chan