About the Scholarship
From its cutting-edge urban design to its diverse communities, Rotterdam is known throughout the world as a leader in sustainability. In 2022, the City adopted its Resilient Rotterdam Strategy to ensure Rotterdam is prepared to embrace the opportunities and challenges of the future. The City of Rotterdam recognises that the innovation, social conscience, and resilience of young leaders are key to the city’s sustainability now and in the future.
This is why the City of Rotterdam is pleased to partner with One Young World for the second year, to offer the Rotterdam Young Leaders Scholarship 2023. The Scholarship will enable eight of Rotterdam's most impactful young leaders accompanied by officials from the city of Rotterdam to join the City’s official delegation attending the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast. During the Summit, scholars will hear and be heard by leaders from every field and have the opportunity to network with peers from 190+ countries. The annual One Young World Summit brings together 2,000+ of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact.
What does the scholarship provide?
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place in Belfast, United Kingdom from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast from 2 – 5 October.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Travel expenses.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- A buddy from the municipality of Rotterdam.
Who should apply?
You should apply for this programme if you:
- Live in Rotterdam.
- Are aged 18 - 30*
- Have a proven track record for leadership.
- Are passionate about Rotterdam and its international profile.
- Have track record of creating postive social or environmental impact in Rotterdam.
- Are keen to continue to engage with the City of Rotterdam after the One Young World Summit.
- Ability to show some ideas on how they want to make an impact after the Summit.
- Please note that employees of the City of Rotterdam are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.