One Young World – the global forum for young leaders that counts Meghan Markle, Justin Trudeau and Emma Watson as Counsellors – today announces the launch of Lead2030, a new initiative to drive progress on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Supported by some of the world’s most prestigious brands, Lead2030 will find, fund and accelerate the most impactful youth-led solutions that are moving the needle on the SDGs.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals – or Global Goals – were agreed upon by 193 countries in 2015. From ending poverty to protecting the oceans, these goals represent an ambitious to-do list to create a sustainable future by 2030.
Yet with an estimated annual investment gap of $2.5 trillion in developing countries alone, achieving the Global Goals requires meaningful contribution from the private sector. United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres recently stated that “funding gaps for SDG investments are vast and urgent. We must unlock the large levels of financing necessary to implement the 2030 Agenda.”
The programme is made possible by all the Lead2030 Challenge Partners who have together committed to making half a million dollars available to youth-led projects in its first year.
Each Partner has selected a particular Sustainable Development Goal to support. They have each set specific challenges for their chosen goals.
Chosen solutions to each Challenge will receive $50,000 in funding from their Challenge Partner.
But even more valuable than that, each Lead2030 Challenge Partner is forming a mentorship team to provide you with expert advice and guidance to accelerate your solutions and grow their impact. Select Challenge Winners will receive communications support from Activation Supporter, Porter Novelli.
Discover the Challenges below:
- Goals 2: RB. Zero Hunger. How to end hunger by 2030?
- Goal 3: AstraZeneca. Good Health & Well-being. How do we fight the growing burden on non-communicable disease worldwide?
- Goal 4: Deloitte. Quality Education. Preparing young people with the skills to succeed in 2030
- Goal 4: Credit Suisse. Quality Education. Education: Generating Returns. Sustainably.
- Goal 6: RB. Clean Water & Sanitation. How do we achieve universal access to equitable sanitation and hygiene by 2030?
- Goal 7: BP. Affordable & Clean Energy. How do we increase the share of renewable energy by 2030?
- Goal 9: Standard Chartered. Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure. How can we re-imagine solutions to finance the growth of SMEs and trade to unlock prosperity for the world’s communities?
- Goal 10: Bristol-Myers Squibb. Reduced Inequalities. How do we create an inclusive workplace environment for the LGBTI community worldwide?
- Goal 12: Mondi Group. Responsible Consumption & Production. Turning waste to landfill generated by the packaging industry into raw materials of inherent value
- Goal 17: KPMG. Partnerships For The Goals. Scalable partnerships to accelerate education, literacy and skills development.
Additional mentorship will provided to selected challenge winners by Activation Supporter, Porter Novelli.
DEADLINE: 5 JANUARY 2019